Doing some bibliography coding


 This week we had to start coding our bibliography resources. From what I could understand, it involved basically sorting your sources into more defined sub-topics, allowing you to create more concrete connections between the sources.


My source coding in progress

I sorted my various sources into sub-topics under what I'm discussing, which is narrative tools. The sources I put into the topics I felt they best represent. While coding and creating the sub-topics, I came across more sources I felt best matched what I was discussing. One of which was the YouTuber, NakeyJakey, who went into a discussion on why he found music in video games to amplify the narrative, and even tell it's own story in some sense. I also found another YouTuber, FUNKe, who talked about examples of music mechanics in games, and how they can add to the game by creating more personality for characters.

Doing this actually felt really helpful. Coding my sources makes me feel like I have a more focused idea on what I want to write, and what information I want to take from each. With a bit more coding, and searching for resources, then I feel like I'll be set to write my piece.

I read a thing, go me.

Comments

Popular Posts