Unity Tutorial 02

 

Decorating the world with objects


This weeks tutorial was a lot easier to get working as we were building directly off last weeks tutorial. We were taught how to add some decorations and collisions to the world, nothing too much as compared to last week. My only issue really is the reading, sometimes it's easy to accidentally skip a line and get distracted, and the gifs while short it is annoying to have to sit and wait for the part you need to pop up again, and try read it in the space of a second. Writing the scripts though are pretty easy, nothing difficult but I assume it'll get harder which each lesson.


I hope we'll get to do something more side scroller like rather than top down, mainly just for my liking of it. Either way I'm quite enjoying getting to make this, dare I say even more than the 3D games, but let's see if that changes down the line. I'm sure I'll find a way to complain about it somehow when it comes to making a game without a tutorial. I am ecstatic though to see what tutorials hold in future but for now I bid this weeks work adieu.

Goodbye, you can go now. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for the permission to leave it was very helpful I wasn't sure if I should stay staring at this post in awe I love the art and the aesthetic your going for based on this one image I can really tell this is going to be a fantastic game based off of the texture of the box also the main character you have kinda looks like that hornet character from hollow knight TTL BB XXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts