Unity Tutorial 01

 

Mid-way through tutorial, learning about tile maps

This semester we gotta make a game again, but we get a choice of 2D or XR or to take part in a game jam instead. I decided to do the game jam and do the 2D tutorials as something about 2D has always been charming to me. Though this tutorial did not come without it's problems, I was unable to import assets for reasons I don't even know but luckily I got it to work eventually. The building of the world such as placing down tiles which is basically the map, is a little difficult to get at first but I'll get it with practice.

The tutorial itself wasn't hard, just the process of getting it working due to it being an older Unity tutorial,
but beyond that it was more of just a slow and steady learning process and following the steps carefully. I hope the tutorials remain as simple to do, hopefully without having to deal with the same issues I faced this week. I'm also excited to see what way my skills will come in use for when the game jam begins but only time will tell. 2D will be a fun space to mess around in because some of my favourite games are 2D, so I pray that it'll be as fun to make em as it is to play em. That's all, bye bye.

Comments

Popular Posts