Unity Tutorial 07

 


This week we got a chance to learn even more cool mechanics from these tutorials.


One of the coolest mechanics I felt we learnt was the follow player mechanic. I say this because this is exactly the mechanic I was looking to use for my enemy for the game I'll be making. As well we learnt a more expanded upon version of the SpawnManager which allowed the enemy to spawn in a random location on the plain as opposed to spawning in one specific spot. 


Another feature we learnt was how to create temporary powerup to give the player an advantage for a short time. The powerup gave the player much stronger knockback ability so they could more easily knock the enemy off the arena.


Getting the powerup to work while fun did have it's difficulties. While making it the only issue I faced was just making it vanish when the player collided with it. There was no other issues beside that but this tutorial and the previous ones have only increased my interest in game making as getting to see something you made work is super satisfying.

Comments

Popular Posts