Review Week Comments and Feedback

 


In this post, I'll be talking about feedback throughout my posts and giving feedback to others on their blogs.

Over this module, I found gaining feedback from others, while helpful on occasion, didn't really benefit me in anyway besides getting a small bit of encouragement. The most critique I really got was that if I have time for my game project, which that in of itself isn't really feedback. Even with the feedback given, I felt we were all on similar levels of expertise with Unity so we couldn't really over much on how to improve your work. They could only really provide feedback on stuff posts such as reading and the tutorials, as they may have a technique around how they made the task easier.

When it came to giving feedback I felt like I was in the exact same boat as those giving them. I found I could compliment their work and say whether it seemed like a difficult task, but beyond that I couldn't really seem to offer strong criticism as I was at the same skill level with work as they were. I had no special tricks or new ways to do things, just the same stuff from the tutorials. And even if I did have proper feedback, our games would usually be such different forms that my feedback I feel would be such a different solution than what would work for their game.

The positive though of blog comments was the ability to learn more easily about each other. We got to learn how we act, live, and write as people. The introduction post people made was such a smart post as it gave me a chance to learn about everyone is a short succession. Learning their favourite games too gave a better ability to relate to people, as if they had a similar favourite game as you, it allowed for you to get the chance to talk to them about common ground.

I'm not sure how I would go about improving the feedback. I do however like the blog comments, just keeping that interaction up through the module allows for more of a connection, which I feel is vital for understanding your classmates. I look forward to learning about people and their thoughts on the various tasks we'll be given in future.

Comments

Popular Posts