Game Prototype

Prototype stage as I try to make Enemy and Player Character work


This week we began building the projects we made our GDD's for.

My game as I mentioned before is based around the concept of a mannequin chasing you around a mall, and while I want to stick to the concept, the idea will have to be scaled down significantly as I realise how big my idea was. I will make it more along the lines of survive as long as you can type of runner, as you just run around the stores, trying to dodge the mannequin.

Today I started simple by just making the basic mechanics needed like running and the mannequin being a trigger that causes a game over when touched. It wasn't a large amount of progress but I would say it's a reasonable amount to get me into starting the game. I didn't make a map as it is time consuming, so I may search for an asset to use for my map.

When it came to making the mannequin a trigger for causing a game over, it took more time than I'd like to admit, but beyond that, I didn't suffer any issues, but then again these were simple beginning steps so not many difficulties can be expected. I'll be sure to add more next week and see if there's any useful videos or tutorials to help me execute my idea better.

Comments

Popular Posts