My Favourite Games



One of my favourite games (because he's my favourite superhero, yeah I'm biased) is Insomniac's 
Spider-Man for the PS4 and it's semi-sequel, Spider-Man: Miles Morales.


I love these games for many reasons, from just playing as Spider-Man himself or exploring the world Insomniac has created for you to swing around. Whether the segments in the game are based around personal issues or fighting supervillains, they keep you hooked due to their well designed gameplay, traversal, characters, set pieces and music. What I enjoy most about these games is the parts where it shows how human both Peter and Miles are, they don't always beat the villain first try, they make mistakes that make things turn for the worse, they have a terrible balance of responsibilities as both a hero and their regular selves. These contribute to telling one of the best hero stories as we watch them learn to grow, overcome, and defy all odds stacked against them, which is why I not only love Spider-Man as a game but as a superhero who inspires you to "Be Greater" just as the games tagline says.



Comments

  1. Hi Brandon, I like the way you describe the spider-man game franchise in this blog post. I too am a fan of spider-man as I grew up watching the movies, yet i never got a chance to play the spider-man games myself but I did watch other people play them on youtube. I agree with everything you said in your post like how they have to defy all odds stacked against them. They are really great games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite superhero is Spider-Man as well. I also really enjoy that Spider-Man game. I am still yet to play Miles Morales as I still don't have a PS5 but hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts