First Playable Prototype

 

Testing out the animations on both models


This week felt a little more progressive than the last. I found free animations on the Unity Store that I thought would work perfectly for the game. The animation for the Mannequin was a zombie pack I found as there seemed to be no animations for rigid movements. I was able to apply this weeks tutorial this session as I got the mannequin to follow the player around as well as cause a game over when they touch them. 


I didn't find any asset yet for the mall as most seem to be paid for so I'll have to consider buying one if I can't find anything that's free. I will update the surroundings for next week because I don't want to leave my game without a proper area for too long just in case it's takes long to make the characters interact correctly with the environment.


By far the most difficult thing this week has been getting the animations working. The first animation, the run for the main character was fine, but when I tried to apply the animation to the mannequin it just placed it on the main character instead. I had to use a different animation in the end for the mannequin, basically a drunk stumble as a placeholder for now.


I felt like I did good this week in terms of work besides not getting the mannequin working but I feel like I'm in a good place for now.

Comments

Popular Posts