Alpha Build

 

Trying out gameplay on map


This week I got a simplistic version of my game working. Let me reiterate that it's simple and not good. I got the area all fully functional as well as the player and mannequin. The player can run around and the camera follows along. I originally tried to do the camera as first person by copying a video tutorial I found on YouTube but the camera would just get stuck in the floor so I went for just a floating third person camera instead.


The animations for the character and mannequin are limited as they only have on forward motion and no turning is possible for the mannequin somehow. At the very least the map and basic stuff still work perfectly so that's what I'm at least happy to see.


I feel like the progress made this week was good. Nothing major or spectacular besides the area but still I'm happy with the progress. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out my animation issue soon.

Comments

Popular Posts