Unity Tutorial 02

 

Unity Tutorial from this week

For this weeks Unity tutorial we developed further upon last weeks tutorial. We added more player control to the vehicle, allowing for left and right movement, along with the previously added forward and backward movement we added last week. I found this tutorial fun and easy to follow just like last week, learning to implement more controls and fixing the camera to follow the player from behind was also pretty interesting to learn.

Unity Challenge

We were also given the task of taking on a Unity Challenge this week, meaning we had to do the entire task without any instruction on how to do it, it was entirely self reliant. I did not realise just how difficult this challenge would be until I attempted it. It was while doing it that I noticed just how reliant I became on the instructions while doing the tutorial, which just made trying to fix the coding issues a little more challenging the I anticipated. After a bit of persistence and looking back through some of the code from the tutorial, I was able to get it mostly working to the best of my attempt.

This week was as fun to me as last, though the challenge definitely lived up to it's title but beside that it wasn't too difficult. This week gave me some nice insight into how I haven't focused enough on processing the information for code but have instead just swallowed it and spat it back out. So this tutorial gave me more to learn instead of what was shown, bit of growth mindset definitely needs to be applied to this aspect. I do look forward though to what the next tutorials have in store for us and how deep we'll get into the mechanics of games.

Comments

Popular Posts