Unity Tutorial 01

 


For our work this week we had to do a Unity tutorial to help us get a basic understanding of both Unity and the type of coding required to make your game do specific actions. The tutorials thought us how to apply a forward movement to a vehicle, how an object on the road reacts when the vehicle hits it, and how to make the player camera follow the vehicle.

I found this tutorial actually quite fun to learn as coding was one of my favourite subjects last year, and it was satisfying to see my code in affect and how it changed how things interacted. I didn't find anything difficult as of yet though I did find the Unity tutorial videos boring and tedious so I opted to just read the instructions.

I'm interested and excited to see where future tutorials take me and what it'll teach. I wonder how my skills will be for when I make my game for this module and what possibilities I could achieve with these skills and what mechanics I would be able to implement into my game. For now I look forward to trying more Unity further into the semester and learning just what it's capable of creating with it's engine.

Comments

Popular Posts