Importance of Time Strategies


Time management is going to play an important factor for not only this class, but all classes this semester. Being able to balance work is going to be difficult, especially if you may miss a lab or lecture due to being sick or busy. Learning to organise yourself, schedule your work, and dedicating time to work on projects and your personal life. 


Reading 11 ways unsuccessful people mismanage their time by Ȧine Cain gave me real insight into how many of these habits I have. From easily being distracted, procrastinating to burnout, I'm guilty of these things happening more than once. Learning to work around these habits is certainly hard, especially with all the work coming our way not just in this module but all the others too.


Another article I read was Four Questions To Help You Overcome Procrastination by Peter Banerjea, helped give some thought as to how I can take some small steps to help ease myself into getting a lot more work done without wasting as much time procrastinating. Ways he recommended was cutting down time on things like working out and instead going for an hour, just workout for 10 minutes as a way to keep up those results overtime. It also recommends that as long as you just start your work then you've done the hardest part, which I totally agree with as the moment I start my work I find it to not be as hard as I expected, and get it done fairly quick.


My thoughts...



While procrastination and time management are huge takeaways from these articles, I feel perfectionism and focusing too much time on work is equally as bad as procrastinating. Dedicating too much of your time to work leads to burnout and makes doing it feel so much more sluggish, so finding that balance of work and personal relaxation is important as not getting to focus on hobbies and going out can drain a person and affect their work as a result.

Comments

Popular Posts