Feedback Thoughts

 


Getting a chance to read through Why rejection hurts so much - and what to do about it by Guy Winch, was certainly something as I like many others sometimes fear rejection, whether it be from work I've done or social. While I don't fear feedback and appreciate criticism learning, to not take things too seriously like he talks about is certainly important, as lingering over it and worrying will only worsen you work. Trying to turn what you perceive as negative criticism into positive is really important in order to grow and learn from your previous mistakes. This growth mindset will allow both you and your work to grow and improve.


Seven ways to crush self-doubt by John Spencer, I felt was a little helpful in terms of feedback but didn't offer anything new from what I've seen. I do like his idea of treating what you're doing as an experiment, this thought would certainly ease my mind, as just knowing whatever I'm doing is not my final work and is just a small test makes it much less stressful. I do agree also with trusting in yourself when it comes to what you do and make. That feeling you get when you feel confident in an idea helps breathe more life into it, giving it much more potential than just writing an idea down for the sake of it.


Better Everyday from redbubble.com


I'm always happy to hear feedback even during my moments of self-doubt. I love to grow and learn from mistakes and become better because of it. Watching videos too are a big help as it gives me a knew point of view, allowing me to catch my own mistakes before publishing work. This post has just given me more encouragement in my goal to improve each and everyday and I hope to help others in the class achieve the same.

Comments

Popular Posts